Friday, August 10, 2012

Home is where the heart is.

I love being at home. Honestly, there are few things in life that make me as happy as being at home. It wasn't until I started working full time that I realized truly how much I enjoyed being home.

Comfort plays a huge part in why I feel this way. I'm absolutely spoiled at home!

I have a wonderful kitchen for me to whip up delicious goodies on the whim:


Lovely bathrooms for bio breaks. Quite sure no picture necessary...

Versatile activity space where I can shove the furniture aside for workouts or lounge on the couch with a book and some tasty drink...



An awesome office / nerd center for us to game to our hearts' content, and make things as I desire.

A cozy entertainment room, and place to relax, watch movies, socialize.

Space for the kitties to lounge and enjoy, keep us company.


And our newest addition... a pull up bar!

We are extremely aware of how lucky we are to be able to have this kind of lifestyle. We've worked hard to get here and it is absolutely worth it.

Living costs in Sacramento are much lower than the Bay Area (where I grew up)--- if we were working in the Bay, no way would our quality of life be like this.

I'm such a homebody. Honestly, I come home from work and just have no desire to leave. On the weekends, I just want to relax at home as well.

Anyone else feel this way? Is this a result of .... working? Result of real life? I honestly don't think I've ever appreciated a home as much as now.

toodles,
Lisa
SHOPHEQI
lisaHQCD@gmail.com

1 comment:

Iyah Love said...

Ahhh!! your home is gorgeous! We are in the process of buying a house right now and absolute pain in getting one.. you are so blessed to have one already :)